- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef sirloin
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups thickly sliced button or cremini mushrooms
- 2 small red onions, sliced
- 1 red sweet pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into strips
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- In a large bowl combine beef, Worcestershire sauce, half of the oregano, salt and pepper (try not to overmix). Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties. Set aside.
- In a large cast-iron skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onions and sweet peppers. Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in remaining oregano. Transfer vegetable mixture to a medium bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Return skillet to stovetop; add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Heat over medium-high heat until oil is very hot. Add beef patties. Cook patties for 12 to 15 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in centers registers 160 degrees F, turning once. (Reduce heat if burgers brown too quickly.)
- Serve burgers topped with vegetables and feta on toasted buns.
Servings Per Recipe 4, Riboflavin (mg) 1, sat. fat (g) 13, Niacin (mg) 11, carb. (g) 37, vit. C (mg) 51, Fat, total (g) 37, Thiamin (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 126, Trans fatty acid (g) 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, Monounsaturated fat (g) 17, Folate (µg) 94, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 3, calcium (mg) 159, pro. (g) 41, cal. (kcal) 652, iron (mg) 6, vit. A (IU) 1239, fiber (g) 3, sodium (mg) 840, sugar (g) 5, Potassium (mg) 832
Click HERE for more information about the recipe.