- 1 1/4-1 1/2 pounds boneless lamb sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 teaspoons shredded lime peel
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or 1-1/2 tsp. dried tarragon, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 1 – inch cubes cantaloupe
- 12 1 – inch cubes honeydew
- 1 6 – ounce carton plain yogurt
- 6 soft flatbreads, warmed
- Fresh arugula (optional)
- Place lamb in resealable plastic bag set in dish. For marinade, in bowl whisk together 2 teaspoons of the peel, the lime juice, honey, 2 teaspoons of the tarragon (or 1 teaspoon dried), the garlic, salt, and pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade. Pour remaining over lamb. Seal bag; turn to coat. Refrigerate 1/2 to 2 hours; turning once. Remove lamb; discard marinade.
- On twelve 6-inch skewers thread lamb and melon, leaving 1/4-inch space between. For charcoal grill, place on rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, 12 to 14 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in center, turning and brushing often with reserved marinade.
- Stir remaining peel and tarragon into yogurt. Serve skewers with yogurt, flatbreads, and arugula. Makes 6 servings.
Servings Per Recipe 6, carb. (g) 62, vit. C (mg) 37, pro. (g) 27, vit. A (IU) 1846, iron (mg) 4, cal. (kcal) 409, calcium (mg) 131, Potassium (mg) 773, sodium (mg) 616, sugar (g) 27, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 3, fiber (g) 3, Folate (µg) 93, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Monounsaturated fat (g) 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, sat. fat (g) 2, Niacin (mg) 9, Riboflavin (mg) 1, chol. (mg) 62, Thiamin (mg) 1, Fat, total (g) 6
Click HERE for more information about the recipe.