What You Need:
FOR THE GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 c. store-bought ranch dressing
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tbsp. thinly sliced chives
- 8 large basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 romaine hearts, shredded
- 12 strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/8 red onion thinly sliced
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 2 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 hard-boiled egg, quartered
- Make the dressing: Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350˚. In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper and place in the skillet. Sear chicken, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and continue to cook, 8 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer chicken to a cutting board. Cool 7 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- To assemble: Pour half the dressing into a large mixing bowl and toss together with shredded romaine. Transfer coated romaine to a serving bowl and top with sliced chicken breasts, strawberries, avocado, onion, goat cheese, prosciutto, and egg. Season entire salad with salt and pepper.
- Serve entire salad, family style, alongside remaining dressing.