- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves (about 3 1/2 lb.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 (14-oz.) cans whole artichokes, drained and halved
- 2 small red onions, vertically sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Castelvetrano or picholine olives, pitted and divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups cooked pearl couscous
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Pat chicken dry, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper. Dust chicken with 2 tablespoons of the flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large, enameled cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Add half of chicken to skillet, and cook until brown on both sides, about 6 minutes, turning once. Remove chicken to a platter; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining half of chicken. Add artichokes, onion, and 1 cup of the olives to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is just softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons flour to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Add broth, lemon slices, and 1 tablespoon of the thyme, scraping bottom of skillet to loosen any browned bits. Return chicken to skillet, nestling into sauce. Cover and cook 20 minutes. Uncover and cook until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of chicken registers 165°F, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop remaining 1/2 cup olives. Combine chopped olives, parsley, and remaining 1 tablespoon thyme, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Serve chicken, artichoke mixture, and chopped olive-herb mixture over couscous.
Click HERE for more information about the recipe.