- 1 sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1 mango, halved, seeded, peeled, and diced
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground chipotle chile pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 14 1/2 – ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 14 1/2 – ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup mango nectar
- Hot cooked rice
- Fresh pineapple wedges (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Mexican crema (optional)
- In a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker place onion and mango. Top with chicken, chipotle pepper, garlic, salt, cumin, ginger, and cinnamon. Pour tomatoes, chicken broth, and mango nectar over all. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 21/2 hours. Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from cooker; cool slightly.
- Remove chicken bones. Discard bones and shred chicken. Return shredded chicken to cooking liquid.
- To serve, use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken mixture to shallow bowls. Add a big spoonful of cooked white rice to each bowl. Spoon broth around rice and chicken and serve, if desired, with pineapple wedges, lime wedges, sliced green onions, and Mexican crema.
Servings Per Recipe 6, Potassium (mg) 477, sodium (mg) 789, Fat, total (g) 4, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, carb. (g) 42, Thiamin (mg) 0, pro. (g) 22, vit. C (mg) 33, vit. A (IU) 1361, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, Monounsaturated fat (g) 1, Folate (µg) 85, sat. fat (g) 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, chol. (mg) 86, Niacin (mg) 7, cal. (kcal) 296, sugar (g) 16, iron (mg) 3, fiber (g) 3, calcium (mg) 61
Click HERE for more information about the recipe.