Amy Green recently traveled to Hawaii where she tasted this delicious cake from Kalaheo Coffee Co. Now you can enjoy a little taste of Hawaii in your own home! Amy declares this one of the best cakes she’s ever had!
What You Need:
1 box of Duncan Hines lemon cake mix
12 oz Philly cream cheese, soft
16 oz heavy whipping cream
1 cup of sugar
1 lemon, finely zested and juiced
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Follow directions on the cake mix for a 9 or 10 inch cake.
- Blend cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in 1/2 cup of the sugar and zest of the lemon.
- Remove mixture from bowl and chill slightly.
- Clean bowl and whip cream on high until soft peaks form.
- Add remaining sugar and vanilla to the cream and whip until very firm peaks.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in the balance of the whipped cream and add lemon juice to taste. Be careful not to get the mixture too soft.
- Place into refrigerator to cool and set up.
- Once cake is cooled, ice the cake, add lemon zest on top of the cake for decoration, and enjoy!