What You Need:
- 2 (4-oz.) goat cheese logs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeds removed, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1. Cut each goat cheese log into 4 rounds. Gently press each round to 1/2-inch thickness on a baking sheet, and freeze 20 minutes.
2. Place the flour in a small bowl. Whisk together the egg and milk in a second small bowl. Combine the panko, salt, and pepper in a third small bowl. Dredge goat cheese rounds in flour, dip in egg mixture, and dredge in panko mixture until coated. Place on a plate, and chill until all goat cheese rounds are breaded.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium until hot. Add goat cheese rounds to skillet, and cook until golden brown on each side, 3 to 4 minutes total. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
4. To serve, arrange salad greens on a serving platter; top with strawberries, cucumber, onion, and goat cheese croutons. Drizzle with vinaigrette, and garnish with dill sprigs.