What You Need:
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 large onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 6 sage leaves
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne red pepper powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare the butternut squash by peeling, pitting, and chipping into 1 inch squares. Add to large roasting pan.
- Chop celery, carrots, and onions into large pieces, and add to pan
- Add peeled garlic cloves whole into roasting pan
- Sprinkle on herbs, red pepper powder, salt, and pepper, coat with olive oil, toss to mix
- Roast the veggies for an hour
- Add 1/2 of the roasted veggie mix to a food processor with 1/2 cup of vegetable stock, and puree. Repeat for the second half of veggie mix.
- Pour mixture into a large saucepan, and add in the remainder of the vegetable stock. Simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring well. Serve hot!