What You Need:
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- dash of red pepper
Dijon Maple Sauce
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup Recipe 5 Minute Perfect Caramelized Nuts chopped or to taste
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese or to taste
- 6-8 slices bacon, crumbled
In a small bowl, mix together the Dijon Maple Sauce ingredients. Set aside.
Blanch green beans in a large stock pot of salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and transfer beans to a large bowl of ice water.
Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 1 minute. Add beans and Dijon Maple Sauce and continue to saute until beans are evenly coated in the sauce and beans and cooked to desired crisp-tenderness.
Taste and season with additional red pepper flakes and freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with caramelized pecans, bacon and Feta.