What You Need:
- 1/3 cup unsalted almonds
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 10 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and pour the almonds into a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar and honey. Add the cranberries and thyme to the bowl and stir until they are covered by the liquid. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- On a cutting board, chop up the almonds. Set aside 1/2 tablespoon chopped almonds and roll the goat cheese in the remaining almonds. Use your hands to mix the almonds into the goat cheese and form the goat cheese into a disc. Place the goat cheese in the center of a pie plate.
- Pour the cranberry mixture around the cheese. Sprinkle the set aside almonds on top of the goat cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot with crackers or bread.
Some content on this page was disabled on December 28, 2016 as a result of a DMCA takedown notice from Honey and Birch. You can learn more about the DMCA here: