What You Need:
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 8 1/2-inch-thick slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 3 1/2- 4 ounce package garlic-and-herb goat cheese, softened
- 1 Small zucchini, thinly sliced lenthwise
- 1 tomato, sliced
- In a blender or food processor combine the mayonnaise, 1 cup of the spinach, the garlic salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with the olive oil; place, oiled side down, on waxed paper. Spread goat cheese on half of the slices; layer zucchini, tomato, and remaining spinach on top. Spread some of the spinach mayonnaise on remaining slices; place bread on top of vegetables, spread side down.
- Cook sandwiches in a very large skillet over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until bread is golden brown, turning once, Pass any remaining spinach mayonnaise.