What You Need:
- 3/4 Cup white sugar
- 1/2 Cup vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Bunch of kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package frozen shelled edamame (soybeans), thawed
- 1/4 Red onion, sliced thin
- 1 Cup shredded carrot
- 2/3 Cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 Cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 Cup cashew pieces
- 1/2 Cup shelled, roasted sunflower seeds
- Whisk sugar, venigarm saltm pepperm and olive oil together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- Toss kale, edamame, red onion, carrot, blueberries, dried cranberries, cashew pieces, and sunflower seeds together in a bowl. Pour about half the dressing over the mixture and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours. Serve remaining dressing on side.