What You Need:
1/3 cup, pitted, halved fresh sweet cherries
3 tbsp. cherry jello
2 tbsp. orange juice
1 tbsp. finely, grated orange peel
1 two oz. bag pecan halves, broken
1 tbsp. ground chinese 5-spice
¼ tsp. ground ginger
3 eight oz. boxes cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup halved, salted cashews
1 box Club crackers
Several fresh mint sprigs (garnish)
2 cups whole, fresh cherries
- Wash, halve, pit, drain, 1 1/3 cup cheeries; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine jello, orange juice, 5-spice, ginger, and orange peel. Stir constantly on low heat until jello is dissolved.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, drained cherries, pecans, and cooled jello mixture. Mix on medium speed until well-blended.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Put cherry appetizer in a small cut glass dish.
- Around the edges of cherry mixture, sprinkle the cashews.
- Add mint sprigs to garnish.
- Place glass dish on a platter and arrange crackers and cherries attractively.