What You Need:
½ c. of unsalted butter
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 tbsp. corn syrup
1 (8-9 in.) round load of Challah bread
5 large eggs
1 ½ c. half and half
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. Grand Marnier
¼ tsp. salt
- In a small, heavy saucepan melt butter with brown sugar and corn syrup over moderate heat, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into a 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Cut six, 1-in. thick slices from center of the bread, reserving ends for another use. Trim crusts.
- Arrange bread slices in one layer in the baking dish, squeezing them slightly to fit.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, vanilla, Grand Marnier, and salt until well combined. Pour evenly over bread.
- Chill bread mixture eight hours.
Preheat oven to