What You Need:
4 to 5 lbs. firm, ripe peaches
Zest of 1 orange
1 ¼ c. granulated sugar
1 c. light brown sugar, packed
1 ½ c. plus 2-3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
½ pint raspberries
¼ tsp. salt
1 c. quick-cooking oatmeal
½ lb. cold, unsalted butter, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 10X15X2 ½ in. oval baking dish.
- Immerse the peaches in boiling water for 30 seconds, then place them in cold water.
- Peel the peaches and slice them into thick wedges and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the orange zest, ¼ c. granulated sugar, ½ c. brown sugar, and 2 tbsp. flour. Toss well.
- Gently mix in the raspberries.
- Allow the mixture to sit for five minutes. If there is a lot of liquid, add 1 tbsp. flour.
- Pour the peaches into the baking dish and gently smooth the top.
- Combine 1 ½ c. flour, 1 c. granulated sugar, ½ c. brown sugar, salt, oatmeal, and butter. Mix until the butter is pea-sized and the mixture crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly on top of the peaches and raspberries.
- Bake for one hour, until the top if browned and crisp and the juices are bubbly.