What You Need:
9 tbsp. unsalted butter
3 Golden Delicious or Gala apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 ½ c. all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
1 c. granulated sugar
Grated zest of ½ lemon
2 large eggs
¼ c. milk
Confectioners sugar, for dusting
Cinnamon, for dusting
- Melt 1 tbsp. of the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add apples and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Butter and flour a 6-cup bundt pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining 8 tbsp. butter with the sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well-mixed.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat in flour mixture in three batches, alternating with milk in two batches. Stir in apples.
- Scrape batter into the pan and bake in the center under the oven until a knife comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes.
- Turn out on a wire rack to cool.
- Before serving, dust with confectioners sugar and cinnamon.