Pumpkin Bread Pudding Brulee
What You Need:
1 ¾ c. half and half
¾ c. sugar
2 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
6 slices cinnamon raisin bread
¾ c. canned pure pumpkin
4 lg. egg yolks
1 tbsp. amaretto or Frangelico liqueur
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
Pinch of salt
6 tbsp. whipping cream
6 tbsp. packed golden brown sugar.
- Stir half and half and ¾ c. sugar in medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Spread butter over 1 side of each bread slide. Cut bread into ¾ in. cubes. Place in large baking dish.
- Whisk pumpkin, yolk, egg, liqueur, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl until blended.
- Add half and half mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour pumpkin custard over bread in the dish. Let stand 30 minutes, occasionally pressing on bread to submerge.