Grilled Chicken Tostadas
½ c. fresh lime juice
¼ c. soy sauce
¼ c. vegetable oil plus more for bushing the tortillas
1 tbsp. honey
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 ½ tsp. chili powder
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
8 small corn tortillas
1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, or more if desired
1 ½ cups shredded lettuce
Salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, green onions
- Place the chicken thighs in a gallon-sized ziplock bag and add all the marinade ingredients. Press the air out of the bag and seal. Turn the bag to thoroughly coat the chicken. Place in a bowl and refrigerate at least four hours (preferably overnight).
- Remove chicken 20 minutes before you start grilling.
- Make a charcoal fire or set a gas grill to medium-high heat, close lid, and heat until hot, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove thighs from bag and discard marinade. Grill the chicken until it’s no longer pink inside, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes before cutting into ½ in. strips.
- Lightly brush both sides of the tortillas with vegetable oil. Grill each side until slightly brown, about one minute on gas grill. Before removing tortillas from grill, sprinkle each with 1 tbsp. cheese.
- Top with chicken and other ingredients.