Last weekend, Amy Green’s daughter baked these muffins with a friend, which turned out absolutely delicious. You can even bake the batter in a loaf pan, for apple pie bread!
Recipe originally found in 92130 Magazine, by Liz Hughes.
Apple Pie Muffins
Makes 12 large muffins
1/2 c. brown sugar
6 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking sode
1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. buttermilk
2 c. diced apple
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour or line with paper cups or parchment paper, 12 cup muffin tin.
3. Make the topping: Combine brown sugar, flour, melted butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix until crumbly. Set aside.
4. Make the batter: Combine brown sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix and set aside.
5. Sift together the flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Blend the flour into the mixture, alternately with the buttermilk.
6. Add the diced apple.
7. Mix until just combined.
8. Spoon into prepared muffin tins and sprinkle generously with topping.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown, and the top springs back when touched.